You Have the Legal Right to Take Action
Sexual harassment in the workplace is still prevalent and can take many forms. It may not be an explicit request for a sexual favor, but could involve everyday actions by other employees that create a hostile work environment. If you believe that you are a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, remember that you do have power and you do have rights. Robinson & Associates Law Office is a Denver, Colorado-based law firm focused on protecting the rights and interests of employees impacted by sexual harassment.
What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment cases can become complicated, involving relationships between employees and employers, between employees, and between individuals who have had a previous relationship. Our Denver attorney for sexual harassment claims will review the facts of your case, including statements, e-mails, text messages and the timeline that progressed into your complaint. Sexual harassment may include any of the following:
- Quid pro quo requests for sexual favors in exchange for promotion or work assignment or to protect your current position
- Consensual relationships that have ended and are used as leverage in the workplace
- Sexual references and jokes in person or by e-mail, text and other forms of communication
- Sexual gestures intended to make someone uncomfortable
- Issues involving an ability to move past the glass ceiling in a hostile work environment
- Same-sex sexual harassment or gender harassment
- Pregnancy harassment
Effective Dispute Resolution and Trial Advocacy Focused on Your Interests
Understanding that sexual harassment claims can be personally challenging and complicated, we will treat your case with the dignity and discretion it deserves. Whether you have already filed a complaint, have suffered discrimination or retaliation or are currently considering filing a complaint, it is never too early or too late to consult with a lawyer. We take a strategic approach in every case to identify the best interests of our clients and key legal issues and work toward a successful resolution, either through negotiations or in court.
If you are considering legal action against an employer, please do not hesitate to call our Aurora hostile work environment attorney at 720-316-1317 for a free consultation. You can also contact us by e-mail at your convenience.